Missing: Senior Ontario Land Surveyor (OLS)
The dynamic team at IN Engineering + Surveying is looking for a Senior Ontario Land Surveyor.
“We are a multi-disciplinary service firm that specializes in residential, commercial, industrial and institutional construction and development projects—large or small,” says company president Andrew Melchers, P.Eng. “We are looking for a very special person to add to the dream team.”
Melchers says that the missing Senior OLS can be found by four critical identifiers:
1. Challenge: Our ideal Senior OLS thrives on challenge, has an entrepreneurial spirit, and is driven to lead IN’s surveying division into its next phase, working with our current OLS who brings 30 years’ experience to the team. Responsible for all surveying operations, the Senior OLS is also highly motivated, looking for intriguing professional opportunities by joining at the ground level of an exciting, growing organization—with intent to become a partner in our modern and vibrant firm.
2. Innovation: Our Senior OLS is excited to leverage the latest technology and tools to lead our industries into the future. In an era of increasingly specialized, “boutique” firms, IN Engineering + Surveying forges its own path with a fully integrated, multi-disciplinary approach offering Surveying, Engineering, Planning and Architectural Design. By coordinating and pursuing multi-discipline projects, our Senior OLS will explore advanced tools such as GPS, 3D scanning and modelling, drone surveys, and augmented and virtual realities while continuing to offer quality land surveys.
3. Legacy: Our Senior OLS will value our unique history and live up to its legacy with our team. IN Engineering + Surveying is a proud part of Ontario surveying history. IN recently acquired Collett Surveying, a firm with roots back to 1881 when it was founded by one of the fathers of Ontario surveying and engineering, Willis Chipman—founding member of AOLS and Ontario pioneer in waste and sewer design. Purchased by Brent Collett in 1996 and then housed in the Chipman Centre named in Chipman’s honour, today IN’s offices are home to the records of prominent surveyors in Ontario’s history including Willis Chipman. We stand on the shoulders of industry pioneers—and it shows.
4. Community: Our Senior OLS understands and respects the value of community at multiple levels: business, social and living. As a future business owner and partner with the firm, this key individual will interact with governing bodies, landowners, real estate agents and other interested parties. Building and maintaining client relationships and business development opportunities require the skills and commitment of a community leader. IN Engineering + Surveying seeks to engage with our community through excellent service, volunteering, and contribution.
Our Senior OLS prefers an optimal community lifestyle. Our professional culture relies on flexible schedules, continuous learning, and balanced lifestyles. Based in Brockville, Ontario, we are in the heart of the beautiful 1000 Islands region on the St. Lawrence River, summer playground of the super rich for over 150 years and still a major international recreation destination. With affordable living in the coveted small-town atmosphere while close to major urban centres like Ottawa and Kingston, Brockville and area offers excellent lifestyles on the water and friendly communities.
- Manage and lead surveying crews and all surveying operations
- Maintain all responsibilities under the AOLS Certificate of Authorization
- Certify all cadastral surveying operations
- Work with multi-disciplinary team such as planners, architects, and engineers
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Pursue business opportunities
- Registered as an Ontario Land Surveyor (OLS) with AOLS
- Five years’ experience as an OLS
- Experience with Cadastral Surveying
- Experience with Total Station, GNSS and other current software
- Entrepreneurial and business experience considered an asset
If you have seen this person, know this person, or (best of all) are this person, here is what to do next:
1. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Fill out our application form at: www.inengineering.ca/application-form
Questions? Contact Maggie Wheeler, Executive Assistant at 613-342-2611, ext. 107 or email@example.com to start what could be a beautiful friendship!
- Intriguing professional opportunities
- Optimal lifestyle
- Competitive salaries and benefits package
For this position:
- Opportunity to be a partner with a start-up engineering and surveying firm within 12 months
- Salary range of $115,00.00 to $125,000.00, depending on experience
“If you’re ready for change, challenge and community,” says Melchers, “join our team. We help make dreams come true.”
IN Engineering + Surveying is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.