IN Engineering + Surveying is hiring key team members, and we are looking for a Senior Architectural Designer. The selected person will be responsible for producing architectural plans in residential and commercial projects as well as providing quality control and mentorship to junior designers.
Who We Are
IN Engineering + Surveying is a multi-disciplinary professional firm offering state of the art services by integrating Surveying, Planning, Engineering and Architectural Design. We specialize in residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional construction and development projects—whether large or small.
A vibrant and modern company, IN Engineering + Surveying also stands on decades of experience and reliability. We recently acquired Collett Surveying Ltd., who provided surveying services for 35 years and can trace its history back to 1881. We seek to engage with our community through excellent service, volunteering, and contribution.
Our vision is to lead our industries into the future by leveraging the latest technologies including GPS, 3D scanning and modelling, drone surveys, and augmented and virtual reality. We will continue to offer quality land surveying services as we expand into a multi-disciplinary team of engineers.
Where We Are
IN Engineering + Surveying is centrally located in Brockville, Ontario, to provide services to Eastern Ontario—including Kingston, Ottawa, Cornwall, Perth, Smiths Falls, and Kemptville.
Who We Need
Our ideal candidate will have a strong background in design, a great understanding of the construction process, and possess excellent communication skills. Working on projects from inception to completion, the Senior Architectural Designer must be self-driven, motivated, and able to work with confidence through every stage of project. They will be working directly with the client and the rest of the team to create architectural designs and permit drawing packages.
- Produce architectural plans for various styles of construction for residential and commercial projects.
- Work with the engineering, surveying and planning teams to coordinate multi-disciplinary projects.
- Provide expertise and mentorship to junior designers and team members.
- Work with the client or contractor directly to meet design expectations.
- Process survey data and 3D scans to create full permit drawing packages.
- Minimum of five years’ experience working as an architectural designer.
- BCIN certification or OAA is considered an asset.
- Interested in construction and engineering.
- Knowledgeable with the Ontario Building Code (All Parts)
- Experience putting together permit drawing packages.
- Experience in 3D Modelling with Sketchup
What We Offer
We offer intriguing professional opportunities. Our firm is rapidly expanding, and the chosen individual will be joining at the ground level of an exciting, growing organization.
We offer an optimal lifestyle. Our professional culture relies on flexible schedules, continuous learning, innovation, and balanced lifestyles. We also have the advantage of an affordable cost of living combined with competitive salaries, while still being accessible to major cities. Brockville is in Southeastern Ontario and is strategically located near Ottawa and Kingston while only being a few hours from Toronto. Located on the beautiful St. Lawrence River, Brockville is known for excellent lifestyles on the water while maintaining a close community.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits package. Salaries are based on experience. Our benefits package includes extended health care, vision care, life insurance, dental care, and disability insurance.
For this position
Starting Salary: $65,000.00 to $90,000.00, based on experience.
What to Do Next
Interested in joining our team?
- Send your resume to email@example.com
- Fill out our application form at: inengineering.ca/application-form
Have questions? Contact Maggie Wheeler, Executive Assistant, at 613-342-2611 x107 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
IN Engineering + Surveying is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.