IN Engineering + Surveying is looking for a Senior Civil Engineer (Water Resources) who has an entrepreneurial spirit, excited to manage and guide our engineering division for our office in Brockville, Ontario. Our ideal candidate would be highly motivated, knowledgeable, and interested in innovative ideas.
Who We Are
IN Engineering + Surveying is a 26-person, multi-disciplinary professional firm offering state-of-the-art services by integrating Surveying, Planning, Engineering, and Building Design. We specialize in residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional construction and development projects—whether large or small. Based in Brockville, the company is ideally located to provide vital services throughout Eastern Ontario—including Kingston, Ottawa, Cornwall, Perth, Smiths Falls, and Kemptville.
Our Engineering and Architecture Division team members include a senior structural engineer, an intermediate structural engineer, a senior structural drafter, two architectural designers, project managers, and engineering interns. As we continue to grow, our team is in consistent development to provide strategic support to our larger projects. We continue to expand into a multi-disciplinary team of engineers.
A vibrant and modern company, IN Engineering + Surveying also stands on decades of experience and reliability. We recently acquired Collett Surveying Ltd., which provided surveying services for 35 years and can trace its history back to 1881. Our Survey Division is fully staffed, with two survey field teams, full administrative support, drafting technicians, one recently certified Ontario Land Surveyor (OLS), and a Senior OLS with over 30 years of experience in the field.
With over 100 years of service to the community, our vision is to lead our industries into the future by leveraging the latest techniques to identify discrepancies in engineering and providing an efficient methodology to attain cost efficiency with the stipulated time.
Where We Are
IN Engineering + Surveying is centrally located in Brockville, Ontario, to provide services to Eastern Ontario—including Kingston, Ottawa, Cornwall, Perth, Smiths Falls, and Kemptville.
Who We Need
IN Engineering + Surveying is seeking a full-time team member for the firm. This key individual will be responsible for engineering operations as well as coordinating with our surveying and planning teams.
- Project lead for subdivision and commercial development projects through consultation of the land development phase of the project.
- Ensure civil construction work is being executed in accordance with the design intent shown on civil engineering construction drawings and specifications.
- Support field engineering to ensure the design intent is conveyed to the contractors
- Ensure project QA/QC procedures are being followed by field engineering and contractors in accordance with construction specifications
- Provide technical support to field engineering (as required) for engineering requirements, risk assessments, dispute resolution, filed technical queries (TQs), commissioning, etc.
- Validate assumptions related to site conditions and information derived from interpolation/extrapolation during design phase are encountered in the field
- Have a keen eye for detail and work well in teams as well as independently
- Provide local project leadership and coordination with wider project delivery teams
- Oversee civil construction works covering industrial, land development, and general civil projects.
- Provide contract and construction management support
- Manage engagement with clients, council(s), and other project stakeholders
- Handle decision-making responsibilities for the identification and development of new business opportunities, based on market knowledge
- Support and lead the development of submissions in response to Requests for Proposals
- Financial and technical management of civil engineering infrastructure projects related to water supply, sewers, roads, site servicing and storm water management, etc.
- Provide team direction, feedback and learning opportunities for junior and intermediate staff.
- Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized engineering university
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience
- Registered or eligible for immediate registration as a P.Eng. with the Professional Engineers Ontario
- Thorough understanding of the design process including the application of civil design software packages
- Experience in leading teams of various civil infrastructure projects including water supply systems, sewage systems, roadways, stormwater management works, underground and surface site servicing works, and/or waste management facilities
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately
- Dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills, self-motivated, quick to deliver
- Effective communication skills as the candidate will have to coordinate and communicate with multi-discipline teams and clients as well as the team working under their supervision
- Proven leadership and business development capabilities in the local geography
What We Offer
We offer intriguing professional opportunities. Our firm is rapidly expanding, and the chosen individual will be joining at the ground level of an exciting, growing organization.
We offer an optimal lifestyle. Our professional culture relies on flexible schedules, continuous learning, innovation, and balanced lifestyles. We also have the advantage of an affordable cost of living combined with competitive salaries, while still being accessible to major cities. Brockville is in Southeastern Ontario and is strategically located near Ottawa and Kingston while only being a few hours from Toronto. Located on the beautiful St. Lawrence River, Brockville is known for excellent lifestyles on the water while maintaining a close community.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits package. Salaries are based on experience. Our benefits package includes extended health care, vision care, life insurance, dental care, and disability insurance.
For this position
Starting Salary: $75,000.00 to $95,000.00 per year, depending on experience.
What to Do Next
Interested in joining our team?
- Send your resume to email@example.com
- Fill out our application form at: inengineering.ca/application-form
Have questions? Contact Maggie Wheeler, Executive Assistant, at 613-342-2611 x107 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
IN Engineering + Surveying welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.