IN Engineering + Surveying is looking for a Senior Land Use Planner, experienced with all facets of professional land use planning, including management of planning and development applications, planning policy reports, and development proposals. Our ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, work well both as a team player and independently, and maintain a professional work ethic.
Who We Are
IN Engineering + Surveying is a multi-disciplinary professional firm offering state of the art services by integrating Surveying, Planning, Engineering and Architectural Design. We specialize in residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional construction and development projects—whether large or small.
A vibrant and modern company, IN Engineering + Surveying also stands on decades of experience and reliability. We recently acquired Collett Surveying Ltd., who provided surveying services for 35 years and can trace its history back to 1881. We seek to engage with our community through excellent service, volunteering, and contribution.
Our vision is to lead our industries into the future by leveraging the latest technologies including GPS, 3D scanning and modelling, drone surveys, and augmented and virtual reality. We will continue to offer quality land surveying services as we expand into a multi-disciplinary team of engineers.
Where We Are
IN Engineering + Surveying is centrally located in Brockville, Ontario, to provide services to Eastern Ontario—including Kingston, Ottawa, Cornwall, Perth, Smiths Falls, and Kemptville.
Who We Need
IN Engineering + Surveying seeks a full-time professional planner with five years’ experience and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to work both collaboratively and consultatively in approach, to develop client and external stakeholder relationships, and to communicate to a diverse audience base is crucial. You are someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, using your strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and flexibility to manage changing and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Drafting and senior review of planning reports
- Maintain and strengthen client relationships
- Manage and stay up-to-date on relevant planning policies
- Coordinate with clients, agencies, and other relevant authorities to obtained and determine project requirements and approvals
- Mentorship of junior and intermediate team members
- Perform other project management tasks, as required
- University degree in Planning or related discipline
- Five years’ experience in professional land use planning services or related field
- Advanced computer proficiency, in particular Microsoft Office programs and GIS software
- Full member of (or eligible for) the Canadian Institute of Planners (CIP)
- Membership with the Ontario Professional Planning Institute (OPPI) as a Registered Professional Planner (RPP)
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills (ability to obtain and assess relevant information, utilize reflective reasoning, take action in decision making)
- High attention to detail and accuracy for preparation of reports
- Experience presenting before Planning Committee, Committee of Adjustment
- Experience preparing Minor Variances, Zoning By-Law Amendments, Official Plan Amendments and Planning Justification Reports
- Experience representing clients at the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal (LPAT) considered an asset
What We Offer
We offer intriguing professional opportunities. Our firm is rapidly expanding, and the chosen individual will be joining at the ground level of an exciting, growing organization.
We offer an optimal lifestyle. Our professional culture relies on flexible schedules, continuous learning, innovation, and balanced lifestyles. We also have the advantage of an affordable cost of living combined with competitive salaries, while still being accessible to major cities. Brockville is in Southeastern Ontario and is strategically located near Ottawa and Kingston while only being a few hours from Toronto. Located on the beautiful St. Lawrence River, Brockville is known for excellent lifestyles on the water while maintaining a close community.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits package. Salaries are based on experience. Our benefits package includes extended health care, vision care, life insurance, dental care, and disability insurance.
For this position
Starting Salary: $75,000.00 to $110,000.00, based on experience.
What to Do Next
Interested in joining our team?
- Send your resume to email@example.com
- Fill out our application form at: inengineering.ca/application-form
Have questions? Contact Maggie Wheeler, Executive Assistant, at 613-342-2611 x107 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
IN Engineering + Surveying welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, August 20, 2021 at 5:00 pm EDT.