IN Engineering + Surveying is looking for a Senior Structural Engineer who has an entrepreneurial spirit, excited to manage and guide our engineering division for our office in Brockville, Ontario. Our ideal candidate would be highly motivated, knowledgeable, and interested in innovative ideas.
Who We Are
IN Engineering + Surveying is a 30-person, multi-disciplinary professional firm offering state-of-the-art services by integrating Surveying, Planning, Engineering, and Building Design. We specialize in residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional construction and development projects—whether large or small. Based in Brockville, the company is ideally located to provide vital services throughout Eastern Ontario—including Kingston, Ottawa, Cornwall, Perth, Smiths Falls, and Kemptville.
Our Engineering and Architecture Division team members include a senior structural engineer, an intermediate structural engineer, a senior structural drafter, two architectural designers, project managers, and engineering interns. As we continue to grow, our team is in consistent development to provide strategic support to our larger projects. We continue to expand into a multi-disciplinary team of engineers.
A vibrant and modern company, IN Engineering + Surveying also stands on decades of experience and reliability. We recently acquired Collett Surveying Ltd., which provided surveying services for 35 years and can trace its history back to 1881. Our Survey Division is fully staffed, with two survey field teams, full administrative support, drafting technicians, one recently certified Ontario Land Surveyor (OLS), and a Senior OLS with over 30 years of experience in the field.
With over 100 years of service to the community, our vision is to lead our industries into the future by leveraging the latest techniques to identify discrepancies in engineering and providing an efficient methodology to attain cost efficiency with the stipulated time.
Where We Are
IN Engineering + Surveying is centrally located in Brockville, Ontario, to provide services to Eastern Ontario—including Kingston, Ottawa, Cornwall, Perth, Smiths Falls, and Kemptville.
Who We Need
IN Engineering + Surveying is seeking a full-time team member for the firm. This key individual will be responsible for engineering operations as well as coordinating with our surveying and planning teams.
- Site investigation and evaluation of existing buildings.
- Prepare detail design calculations and engineering reports.
- Manage projects and clients from conceptual design to final completion
- Preparation of reports and studies.
- Coordination with other engineering and architectural disciplines
- Comfortable dealing with clients and communicating with contractors
- Mentor and train junior staff.
- Direct drafting for complete and accurate documentation.
- Prepare engineering calculations for small to mid-scale steel, lumber, and concrete structures, including new buildings as well as the renovation of existing buildings.
- Prepare calculations for temporary structures such as access scaffolding or shoring.
- Coordinate with CAD/BIM technologists to prepare structural drawings and shop drawings.
- Attend site meetings and perform field reviews.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Must be a Professional Engineer licensed in Ontario.
- 5 years of structural engineering design experience.
- Possess strong analytical skills in structural engineering.
- Must have previous structural steel, reinforced concrete, and wood design experience.
- Experience with Ontario Building Code Part 4 and Part 9.
- Software experience including SAP2000, ETAB, STAAD, and RAM.
- Fast learner with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to multi-task and balance competing priorities.
- Ability to read construction drawings (multi-disciplines).
- Experience conducting site visits and writing technical reports.
- Team player with the ability to work independently with minimum direction.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
What We Offer
We offer intriguing professional opportunities. Our firm is rapidly expanding, and the chosen individual will be joining at the ground level of an exciting, growing organization.
We offer an optimal lifestyle. Our professional culture relies on flexible schedules, continuous learning, innovation, and balanced lifestyles. We also have the advantage of an affordable cost of living combined with competitive salaries, while still being accessible to major cities. Brockville is in Southeastern Ontario and is strategically located near Ottawa and Kingston while only being a few hours from Toronto. Located on the beautiful St. Lawrence River, Brockville is known for excellent lifestyles on the water while maintaining a close community.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits package. Salaries are based on experience. Our benefits package includes extended health care, vision care, life insurance, dental care, and disability insurance.
For this position
Starting Salary: $70,000.00 to $95,000.00 per year, depending on experience.
What to Do Next
Interested in joining our team?
- Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill out our application form at: inengineering.ca/application-form
Have questions? Contact Maggie Wheeler, Executive Assistant, at 613-342-2611 x107 or email@example.com.
IN Engineering + Surveying welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.