IN Engineering + Surveying has an opening for a Junior Structural Engineer or Structural Engineering Intern to join our team.
Who We Are
IN Engineering + Surveying is a multi-disciplinary professional firm offering state of the art services by integrating Surveying, Planning, Engineering and Architectural Design. We specialize in residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional construction and development projects—whether large or small.
A vibrant and modern company, IN Engineering + Surveying also stands on decades of experience and reliability. We recently acquired Collett Surveying Ltd., who provided surveying services for 35 years and can trace its history back to 1881. We seek to engage with our community through excellent service, volunteering, and contribution.
Our vision is to lead our industries into the future by leveraging the latest technologies including GPS, 3D scanning and modelling, drone surveys, and augmented and virtual reality. We will continue to offer quality land surveying services as we expand into a multi-disciplinary team of engineers.
Where We Are
IN Engineering + Surveying is centrally located in Brockville, Ontario, to provide services to Eastern Ontario—including Kingston, Ottawa, Cornwall, Perth, Smiths Falls, and Kemptville.
Who We Need
Working under the direct supervision of experienced senior engineers, the ideal candidate shall be willing to undertake site work and travel as required to fulfill project requirements. We are looking for an innovative, forward-thinking person who enjoys challenge and actively seeks to develop and improve work processes.
- Provide assistance to the senior engineer by completing site inspections, engineering calculations, and drafting.
- Design and engineering of small projects in residential and commercial construction.
- Manage assigned projects including client meetings, schedules, and budgets.
- Develop skills including Sketchup, Revitt, structural engineering and code compliance.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a consulting and design environment.
- P.Eng License considered an asset. EIT is a minimum requirement.
- Engineers will have a degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized educational institution.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in all types of construction including light framed, steel, time, and concrete.
- Experience in the preparation of permit drawing packages.
- Knowledge of both AutoCad and Sketchup.
What We Offer
We offer intriguing professional opportunities. Our firm is rapidly expanding, and the chosen individual will be joining at the ground level of an exciting, growing organization.
We offer an optimal lifestyle. Our professional culture relies on flexible schedules, continuous learning, innovation, and balanced lifestyles. We also have the advantage of an affordable cost of living combined with competitive salaries, while still being accessible to major cities. Brockville is in Southeastern Ontario and is strategically located near Ottawa and Kingston while only being a few hours from Toronto. Located on the beautiful St. Lawrence River, Brockville is known for excellent lifestyles on the water while maintaining a close community.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits package. Salaries are based on experience. Our benefits package includes extended health care, vision care, life insurance, dental care, and disability insurance.
For this position
Starting Salary: $40,000 to $70,000 based on experience.
What to Do Next
Interested in joining our team?
- Send your resume to email@example.com
- Fill out our application form at: inengineering.ca/application-form
Have questions? Contact Maggie Wheeler, Executive Assistant, at 613-342-2611 x107 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
IN Engineering + Surveying is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.