IN Engineering + Surveying is hiring key team members, and we are looking for a Senior Survey Party Chief. The selected person will be responsible for surveying crews in the field, performing land and engineering surveys, as well as lead administration and planning.
Who We Are
IN Engineering + Surveying is a multi-disciplinary professional firm offering state of the art services by integrating Surveying, Planning, Engineering and Architectural Design. We specialize in residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional construction and development projects—whether large or small.
A vibrant and modern company, IN Engineering + Surveying also stands on decades of experience and reliability. We recently acquired Collett Surveying Ltd., who provided surveying services for 35 years and can trace its history back to 1881. We seek to engage with our community through excellent service, volunteering, and contribution.
Our vision is to lead our industries into the future by leveraging the latest technologies including GPS, 3D scanning and modelling, drone surveys, and augmented and virtual reality. We will continue to offer quality land surveying services as we expand into a multi-disciplinary team of engineers.
Where We Are
IN Engineering + Surveying is centrally located in Brockville, Ontario, to provide services to Eastern Ontario—including Kingston, Ottawa, Cornwall, Perth, Smiths Falls, and Kemptville.
Who We Need
IN Engineering + Surveying needs an experienced professional, adept at managing survey teams. Must be comfortable with multi-disciplinary planning meetings, working with project managers, resident engineers, and contractor representatives. Ability to lead, mentor and train staff as required. Excellent attention to detail is a must.
- Act as Senior Party Chief for field survey crews working with plane and/or geodetic surveys for construction, topographic, right-of-way, and control survey projects
- Participate in pre-survey planning meetings
- Assign and monitor work, and provide input for evaluation of members of field survey crews
- Instruct and train survey crews in survey and mapping methods, use of equipment, and field safety procedures
- Gather field survey data via conventional and Global Positioning System (GPS) methods; set up, adjust and operate surveying equipment, including electronic total station, data collector, and GPS equipment
- Perform complex surveying calculations using engineering calculator, laptop computer, personal computer, and graphics and coordinate geometry (Cogo) software, such as AutoCad-Softdesk
- Analyze raw data for mathematical closure and geometric accuracy; provide survey information for Geographic Information System (GIS); and prepare finished grade sheets, topographic maps, records of survey, corner records, and other survey reports as needed
- Research existing record information, including record maps, plans, deeds, easements, and right-of-way documents; and maintain field data records, survey project files, and indexing systems
- Perform mapping compliance or other related office survey duties as a temporary assignment as part of the training/experience requirement for the Professional Land Surveyor’s Licence
- Minimum five years’ experience working in a land surveying team
- Interest in construction and engineering
- Knowledgeable with surveying equipment such as GNSS and total stations
- Surveying Technologist/Technician diploma
What We Offer
We offer intriguing professional opportunities. Our firm is rapidly expanding, and the chosen individual will be joining at the ground level of an exciting, growing organization.
We offer an optimal lifestyle. Our professional culture relies on flexible schedules, continuous learning, innovation, and balanced lifestyles. We also have the advantage of an affordable cost of living combined with competitive salaries, while still being accessible to major cities. Brockville is in Southeastern Ontario and is strategically located near Ottawa and Kingston while only being a few hours from Toronto. Located on the beautiful St. Lawrence River, Brockville is known for excellent lifestyles on the water while maintaining a close community.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits package. Salaries are based on experience. Our benefits package includes extended health care, vision care, life insurance, dental care, and disability insurance.
For this position
Starting Salary: $65,000.00 to $90,000.00, based on experience.
What to Do Next
Interested in joining our team?
- Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill out our application form at: inengineering.ca/application-form
Have questions? Contact Maggie Wheeler, Executive Assistant, at 613-342-2611 x107 or email@example.com.
IN Engineering + Surveying is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.